Welcome to Frank D. Parent School. We know that students are more successful when there is parent involvement; so you, the administration, classroom teacher, support staff, and students are all an integral part of our TEAM. We look forward to our teams’ accomplishments this year.
WHEN VISITING THE SCHOOL
- Be prepared to show identification upon request.
- You must make an appointment to observe your child’s class.
- All volunteers must complete the appropriate paperwork, have a TB Test, get fingerprinted, and attend IUSD volunteer classes.
SAFE SCHOOLS – EVERYONE’S CONCERN
For the safety of our students and to ensure the school day runs without interruption, Parent School is a closed campus. Inglewood Unified School District’s Board Policy states, parent visitors and volunteers must be under the supervision of a teacher or administrator when in the presence of students. Before school and during lunch, students are supervised by our staff. With this in mind, parents are not allowed to be on campus unless it has been prearranged with a teacher or administrator.
In the past, we have greatly appreciated the support parents have offered in the mornings, before school starts. However, due to our new closed campus policy, all parent volunteers must adhere to our new requirements. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please call Ms. Lee at (310) 680-5430.
- Students should never be dropped off before 7:30 a.m.
- If your child’s emergency contacts change, notify the office immediately.
- Dress your child appropriately (in uniform) for school – Free Dress Day information will be sent home.
- KEEP EMERGENCY TELEPHONE NUMBERS UP-TO-DATE!
We will be relying on the telephone numbers you give us to contact you in the event of an emergency. If you change telephone numbers, please contact our office IMMEDIATELY!
- Discuss emergency procedures with your child. Make sure your child knows who will pick him or her up at the close of the school day.